Marcy Steindler, CPA
“I pride myself on being easy to work with and applying my experience in nonprofit tax matters in practical ways to benefit my clients.”
Experience and Expertise
Marcy has over 30 years of experience in public accounting serving professional associations and nonprofit organizations. As principal in charge of the firm’s Nonprofit Tax Practice, Marcy focuses exclusively on providing tax planning and compliance services to associations, foundations and other nonprofit organizations.
A frequent presenter on nonprofit tax topics, Marcy has in-depth experience in all aspects of nonprofit tax compliance including Form 990 preparation, unrelated business income, lobbying expenditures and the formation and maintenance of tax-exempt organizations.
Before joining Mann Weitz, Marcy was an Audit Manager at Coopers & Lybrand.
• Illinois CPA Society
– Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee
• Congregation B’nai Tikvah
– Chair of Cultural Arts Committee
– Former Vice President of Finance
• Deerfield High School Friends of the Arts
– Former Treasurer
• Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
– Bachelor of Arts in Music
• Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Evanston, IL
– Master of Business Administration, with Major in Finance
and specialization in Accounting